Share a Prompt with Limited Group (5 votes rule, Private to Public prompt)

I understand the purpose of restricting the share of a prompt to public if it has less than 5 upvotes.

But some people may want to share their private prompts with their friends (that might not know about prompt engineering), to test the quality of the prompt by the feedback of others, not just myself (I can falsely judge it’s quality).

So, the solution is to make anyone with the prompt link have access to it (whether it’s a private or public prompt).

That opens the door for enumeraton attacks, and will not be possible as trivial as described.

But we have some ideas.

One (of several) issues with it, @RealityMoez is that if it is to be shared with a limited group, that then puts the onus on AIPRM to maintain the security of access, ensuring it can only be seen by that group, and sooner or later someone is going to leave something logged in, or leak the url, or any of a dozen other things that suddenly put a lot of work on the team at AIPRM without much reward. I say “without much reward” because right now anyone can share their prompt vie email or messenger, word doc, PDF, or whatever they like and the onus is all on them to ensure it only goes where they want it to go.

Could you privately send the prompt to your intended friends to help them?

With my suggestion, yes you can do that.

I suggested the solution for that as a feature, Upvote it if you want this to happen.

@aiprm-christophc please follow the above solution, the rule of 5 votes just making this tool less attractive for multiple people

Both of course.

Please go read up on what Enumeration Attacks are.

Like I said, your simple “solution” would cause a security risk, but we are thinking about other solutions.

When we have a solution, we will consider implementing it.

Hopefully this can be pushed through. The upvotes are really limiting especially when the prompt is still in testing phase.

I am writing prompts for a project and I would like to share one with a friend without making it public. However, uploading prompts publicly comes with certain limitations and criteria that I must follow, which is why I’m looking for alternative ways to share my prompt. Do you have any suggestions on how I can share a prompt with a friend privately?"

I am writing prompts for a project and I would like to share one with a friend without making it public. However, uploading prompts publicly comes with certain limitations and criteria that I must follow, which is why I’m looking for alternative ways to share my prompt. Do you have any suggestions on how I can share a prompt with a friend privately?"

@aiprm-christophc
I don’t mean making a different prompt link to the one we already used to use.
it will be the same as “https://chat.openai.com/chat?AIPRM_PromptID=…”

to access the prompt or the link, you need AIPRM extension installed (and logged in - for upcoming feature).

How this idea will differ from the existing AIPRM prompt links ? :thinking:

Existing prompt links are to public prompts only, of course.
You want them to access private prompts, and that’s a security risk of course.

Security risk for AIPRM, or the User ?

@aiprm-christophc @Ammon
I’m sorry If I lack knowledge on this… (may be I’m missing something)
But how public prompt link not an exposure to enumeration attacks ?!
(or what makes the difference, if it’s public or private link - in context of security risks)

Is it because the number of prompt links will increase significantly ? and increase vulnerability ?

Look, we’re not discussing Security and Spam topics too open.

I’ve given enough detail and reasoning why your solution doesn’t work.
If you want to become a good developer, and even follow your own ideas, then you can do the research and learn. But we’re not discussing Security threats and our protection here.

This topic is for the requirements, the wishes, like our template

GOAL we want to achieve:

HOW we could do it:
(on a functional level, not the code level as you suggested)

IMPACT for using AIPRM:

You were so excited about the suggestion that you suggested a technical solution that just won’t work. Live with it my friend @RealityMoez :slight_smile: we’ll say no to a lot more things, and have in the past.

Again, I like the idea - we just don’t like the proposed technical solution, but that’s a non-issue, don’t worry.

We just cannot do everything at once, we’re busy with scaling up and preparing for offering billing to 500,000 users here :sweat:

@aiprm-christophc

I’m not arguing for the idea to work or not, I just wanted to understand (because my mind got confused for a bit), because I looked at what enumeration attacks is about, and didn’t get the point I wanted.

Thanks, and sorry for interrupting.

Really appreciate your work.

:tada:
Here’s the Solution people, for everyone waited such a feature:

I understand the purpose of restricting the share of a prompt to public if it has less than 5 upvotes.