Chat Naming based on Prompt, Template Name, Date & Time

I would like to include in some of my prompt series of commands to give that particular chat a name that I choose, instead of having to rename it. Frequently it would be the prompt entered when using a AIPRM Template.

Why would you need that, when you have the edit name option ?
I think it can not be controlled by ChatGPT answer anyways, because the name is automatically determined by your first prompt in the Chat.

I can manually retitle it, yes. I would like to automate it, since the name is frequently generic.

1 Like

That’s an interesting requirement.

• Can you please explain with examples how you would rename them?
  • Is there a system how you want them named?
  • How many do you want to rename? 1, 10, 100?
  • Examples and Context please

For example:

• A ‘topic name’ variable in AIPRM prompt template that will assign a title to the chat when prompting ChatGPT.

My questions were what the user would do, and how

• Can you please explain with examples how you would rename them?
  • Is there a system how you want them named?
  • How many do you want to rename? 1, 10, 100?
  • Examples and Context please

Having 1 variable that always gives the result the same name would be worse than now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response.

In anticipation of doing thousands of interactions with ChatGPT in the future, it would be desirable to be able to automate the control of the conversation name with information specific to the interaction. Without that, ChatGPT attempts to create a rather generic name that ranges from good to horrible, here are some that are so generic it’s impossible to know anything about the content without reviewing the actual content. These below were all the same template with different books, the [PROMPT] was a book name.

Summary and Outlines
Book Summary Requested
Chomsky Book Summary
Delusions and Summary
Publishing book summary

Collectively there will be millions of conversations names to be renamed.

It would be great if it could include the [PROMPT] and the template name. At some point we will need a date and time would be useful as reports and productivity matters are handled. Perhaps eventually a formula could be executed in combination with factors in the the template to yield more details.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 Likes

Thanks, I start to understand. Moved to AIPRM Feature Requests

2 Likes

Could you revise the topic name to:
Chat Naming based on Prompt, Template Name, Date & Time

1 Like

The current way ChatGPT operates with the latest being at the top makes it hard to find prompts or projects that you may have worked on some time ago.

Could we create categories and/or tags for our chat prompts?

So, for example, I might have all the chat prompts used in creating a specific book. These could be put into a specific folder or sub-folder as necessary to make them easier to find and more accessible.

Td these prompts could also be tagged - for example, prompts for “Marketing”, “Finance”, Leadership" etcetera so groups of similar previous prompts could be easily found, reviewed, and reused or adapted as needed.

@Andrew_Cooke

with this Chat Naming feature, and the Search in all Conversations feature, you would get what you want.

Go and vote for them.

1 Like