Cant Edit Pre-existing Prompts

Can’t save private prompt but only having 4 private prompts. When i edit one of my 4 private prompts and click save, then i get an error-message that i can’t create any public prompts.
but i don’t want to create a public prompt, just want to edit one of my 4 private prompts.
Can you please fix this?

Thats what all about the post. Read it.

1 Like

You cant edit. Only 2 prompts can be edited.

As his username says, Read_Us

Um… to put it simply, the free plan cannot edit prompts, right? (The premium neither, maybe)

In your understanding, any attempt to edit prompts could be a potentially harmful act of trying to steal the hard-earned results of prompt validation carried out by providers and the community.

Last I checked, the free plan allows you to have 1 ‘Upcoming’ prompt, and 2 Private Prompts (which you can create, edit, save, and use to perfect a public ‘Upcoming’ prompt). But once you have saved 2 Private Prompts, you have reached that limit and can’t save any more (whether you are writing from scratch, or editing). Max of 2 (at a single time) for free.

You can, of course, delete any prior saved private prompts to get below the quota of 2, and thus be able to create, edit and save until you hit quota cap again.