Cant Edit Pre-existing Prompts

This is very bad. Why did you lock out my prompts from editing? You should allow editing my old prompts before your premium plan came.

1 Like

In fact, when I first saw this plugin, I noticed the biggest malice of the author/operator. Not only did they introduce a paid premium service, but they also did everything possible to prevent users from accessing the original prompt, which goes against the open-source/publicity they advertised. For example, they make it as difficult as possible for non-PLUS members to see the prompt, such as requiring users to refresh to see the prompt, which severely affects the experience of non-PLUS members.

(I’m Chinese user, this is translated by chatgpt)

I agree. You should not do this. You can bring new things in a Premium membership. But cannot limit the ones that are in use. Those are my own generated prompts, and I cannot edit them. This is horrible.

I think you’ll find that a Free Version can add or remove anything it wants.

The goal of providing AIPRM was never about having a tool for just making and organizing private prompts. Any fool who knows how to copy and paste, and how to open Notepad, or Google Sheets, or any other means of saving and organizing information on a dozen programs that they already have can save and organize their own prompts. There’s no market in that.

The whole point of AIPRM is to give any user access to a huge array of ready formed, built, tested, and refined prompts by others, and organize those. The Public Prompts are where it is all at, and the whole point of the tool.

In so far as having Private Prompts allows people to write, test, and refine their prompts to make them as good as possible before making them public, that’s worth something. You get two of those ‘Workbench’ areas for prompts for free, one in the testing chamber (Upcoming Prompt), and once they pass, as many Public Prompts as you can possibly imagine and have anyone interested in using.

That’s why there are any Private Prompts at all, even though keeping prompts private won’t draw any fresh users, isn’t what the tool is meant to do, and offers no value of any sort to anybody except the author. Put another way, keeping prompts private, other than as ‘Work in Progress’ public prompts is a behaviour to disincentivize as far as possible.

There’s already hundreds of rival tools that can save your own prompts, often for free, and the closest any of them will ever get to having a business, something they can charge for against the inevitable free versions, or the simplicity of just copy-pasting to existing software, is if they sell user-data, or include ads.

Unlike those rivals though, AIPRM was funded, paid for, developed, and released all under the control and investment of an already very experienced developer of tools, who understood which product had a market, and didn’t go for the one that never would. It is a Prompt Database and a Community - access to thousands of other prompt engineers, many of them likely to be more skilled, offering to let you use all their hard work to save your own.

AIPRM carefully did not delete the old prompts of the 1% of all users that had created ANY saved prompts. Instead, they saved them all for you, but you can only freshly save, or save over, 2 of them. So you cannot stay over the limit as some would doubtless try, and as you apparently want to, even though it clearly says now that you’d have to pay to have so many.

If you don’t like the changes to the free version, check in your back pocket, and I think you’ll find a full refund of every penny of the free price you paid. AIPRM are kind and thoughtful that way.

If all you want is a tool to copy others prompts and make your own from them, doing nothing at all in return, not even giving credit, then is AIPRM not the tool for you. If all you want is a way to save and organize your own prompts, giving no value to anyone else, AIPRM allows that for people willing to pay, but not as something worth AIPRM paying for in a free account - because those servers don’t run for free, the programmers don’t work for free, the workplaces are not free, the electricity isn’t free.

I’m not an employee of AIPRM, not paid in any way, nor under any kind of contract. Just a guy with a lot of years of experience in marketing and online communities that they asked to moderate the forums. I’m also not a millennial, thinking that somehow the world has some absolute duty to pay for services to provide them to me for free. Not that such entitlement or idiocy is really just a Millennial thing.

There’s a really, really old saying “Never look a gift-horse in the mouth”. You see, looking at a horse’s teeth tells you a lot about its condition, and how it has been looked after. But if you got it for nothing, as a gift, that doesn’t matter. If you got it for nothing, you were entitled to nothing, and any horse, in any condition, is all gift.

Never complain about anything you got for free. It just makes you look petty and stupid.

Wow! that is a horrible reply. The way you talk down to the OP and belittled them is astonishing. Are you a part of AIPRM in any capacity?

2 Likes

When you really read the post, you have the answer.

1 Like

The tag says it all. That was a very rude reply though. Still it might be my mistake. I just asked when i have my old prompts why cant i edit them? I didnt ask for adding new prompts for free.

He didn’t understand that rather spoke rudely.

I disagree. On the contrary, in fact, I treat the poster as a peer, capable of an adult understanding, and speak plain, hard, honest facts about how businesses make marketing decisions. I explain patiently and in detail what the tool is meant to do, why there are private prompts at all, and most importantly of all, give a very adult and grown up explanation of some of the driving factors that go into such decisions.

What I didn’t do was treat him like a child that needs baby talk or platitudes instead of straight honest explanations.

You cannot be offended at honesty or facts, no matter how much you might dislike the truths they tell.

If you are only allowed to freshly save 2 private prompts (in the Free Plan) and you have previously saved 5 (just example numbers, yours will vary) then to edit and SAVE one of them is to make a save when you already have more than 2 saved prompts, see?

You can open your prompts and copy-paste them elsewhere, right, you just can’t SAVE more than 2 in the Free Plan of AIPRM, even if that save is done in editing rather than when creating from scratch.

2 Likes

I understand your point. But Can you just allow editing old prompts atleast?

Sure, as long as you don’t want to SAVE your edits. You see how that wouldn’t work right?

This and so much more is all described here

Which we have shown to ca. 770k users,
and let the CONFIRM it, like legal terms & conditions,
have indexed in Google and well ranking,
have pushed on social media for 1 week now.

BUT, and that’s the crucial point:

You need to read it. ¯\(ツ)/¯

If anyone can be upset it’s me and my team for spending weeks trying to write all that nicely together and then getting flamed at from someone who certainly has not read any of the material.

Just saying, folks.

1 Like

You guys are being called out for bait and switch and your response is pretty much screw you. 700k to 7k wont take long with this attitude. Your sub fees are mental as well. Who is going to pay anything more then $5 a month for this? We will have copycat free sites in weeks.

A very few people who pay nothing are complaining that they don’t get everything in all the premium plans for free. And when I say a very few, we are talking what, six? They are absolutely misusing the term ‘bait and switch’ too, so that certainly doesn’t make it seem like those six are so incredibly much smarter than the hundreds of thousands of others using the extension, or the thousands that have subscribed in just the first week. That’s observable stuff, or what we usually call ‘evidence’. Different entirely to ‘opinion’ which is the entirety of your point.

Hmm… What should we trust do you think, the evidence based on hundreds of thousands of observed behaviours, or the opinions of a half-dozen non-customers trying to use the tool in ways it was never meant for?

I’m gonna go with evidence, myself. Nobody is forcing you to use the extension. Nobody is forcing you to pay for anything. It is you that is trying to force behaviours on others. That’s not gonna work. So, asking very nicely and politely, please, uninstall AIPRM. If it’s not working for you, and not providing value, just stop using it. Go use one of these copycats you think are so much better for your needs. That would be a sane decision.

Instead, coming here and whining about YOUR choices, like we are meant to change them, is just insane. It makes no sense at all. But if you absolutely need others to choose for you, I’d choose for you to uninstall and go try to find some other tool that works for you.

Yes Ammon’s way of speaking is very bad nothing else. He could have explained it politely. Instead he was harsh in explaining things. The directly hurt sentiment of other people which is disrespectful behavior.

Sunshine, let me point out the obvious for you.

Someone in this thread outright accused others of ‘malice’. That’s not thoughtful or considerate, but offensive and what is termed “fighting talk”. The kind of thing expressly forbidden in membership of the community.

Those are serious, libellous, unwarranted allegations, but we/I let it slide without a ban as ‘poorly translated’ just to give the benefit of the doubt. But I did take it as a sign that anyone agreeing with it would naturally be expecting similar ‘tough talk’ in return, right?

I didn’t see you making any comment about someone calling others malicious, or suggesting deliberate foul play, or suggesting maybe toning it down. Nope I saw:

Funny how you only expect consideration to come from one side of the discussion, and not the side you support, eh?

You went on to claim that I had not understood you. When in fact what I had written was spot-on, and it was you that didn’t understand how it applied. A limit on saves is a limit on saves. You can edit any prompt you want, and save it, the minute your total of other saved prompts is below the cap of your quota.

Its simple stuff. Want to edit and save a prompt when you are on a quota of only 2 saved prompts, delete all but one of your others. Or if those prompts are so valuable, so special that even though you wrote them you can’t remember what you wrote, copy paste them into some other document you can save in.

If they actually have value, and there’s some really great reason you can’t sort it any other way, subscribe once, for one month to raise the quota, edit as you like, export what you can, and then cancel the next month’s sub. If they are not even worth $5, even to you, the only person who wants them, then they really are not worth anything to anyone else, and you start to see why AIPRM might not see a lot of value in supporting them for you when they have no value even to you.

These are logical, common-sense suggestions that could help your situation, if you actually want a resolution. Giving them doesn’t help me, I don’t have that problem. If you don’t like the way I help for free, well, that’s a you problem and easily solved. Don’t take the help, and don’t continue to name me and engage me, inviting my continued replies. Simple huh?

1 Like

Thank you @Ammon

You are doing a fantastic job explaining things for AIPRM in such a professional way, to obviously non-professionals, I could not do that. Seriously.

It is hard to believe, that you’re not under contract and paid zero. I have yet to encounter someone so objective and I am really happy to have recruited you as volunteer moderator.

1 Like

Ok thanks for the help.

I just try to give the most honest, complete, and useful/usable answers that I can. Because of that, they won’t always be soft, warm and fuzzy - the truth of things often isn’t. We have phrases like “hard truths” and “Harsh realities” for good reason. However, even when an answer is blunt, and not what the user hoped to get, it is still an answer with pretty much no other motive than to help another understand.

1 Like

When I try to edit any of my own prompts, it sends me to a subscription page?

1 Like