ChatGPR won't generate any searches. It gives me the "Something went wrong" error

ChatGPT has stopped generating any searches on the free version. I upgraded to the $20/month paid version and I still get the same error message even though I am using both Chrome and Firefox. I have closed and restated chatGPT and both browsers and I still got the same results.

Error Message Received:
Something went wrong. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

I see quite a number of misunderstandings in your post - I’ll try to cover as many of them as I can.

Firstly, ChatGPT isn’t a search engine and can never, ever perform searches. It is a Large Language Model (LLM) AI (Artificial Intelligence) designed to generate text, not to ‘find’ it. It does have a huge database of knowledge, knowing what was written in millions of documents, but rather than search them (or cite directly from them) it attempts to synthesize or create answers of its own based upon all it has read and understood. Just like a person who learned a subject from reading many books on it and then gives you an answer about that topic in their own words.

Secondly, this is not openai.com but rather is the community forum of AIPRM, a different site, run by a completely different company that produces a complementary product in the form of a browser extension, which adds extra functions and features to the use of ChatGPT.

Both of the companies, OpenAI LP and AIPRM Corp. offer premium subscription plans.

OpenAI offer ‘ChatGPT Plus’ for $20 per month, which gives you greater access to ChatGPT when there is contention (lots of use of the same resources/site at the same time), and the ability to select which LLM model is used (GPT3.5 or GPT4, etc).

AIPRM offer a range of premium plans ranging from Free to Titan, each at a different price point, and these plans add various features and functions according to which plan you take.

The offerings are different things from different companies, and neither one gives you the plan(s) of the other. You can have the free level of service of either one, and a paid subscription to the other and that will work just fine, but it won’t give the benefits of the other company’s plan. Totally different services that do different things and are from entirely different companies.

1 Like