Going from free to $1 is the hardest part in business

For some, your (free) “mind-blowing solution” becomes “gimmicky” once it costs $1.

For some, your time, effort, resources, and personal attention are “supposed” to be free. (?)

Luckily, those 0.000001% are just outliers.

Going from free to $1 is the hardest part in business.

2 Likes

It’s the hardest part of the ‘Freemium’ business model. However, many businesses continue to use and even prefer the model because of its innate speed (even when it is the ‘fail fast’ kind of speed). You get a product out there, lots of awareness, and then transition the free publicity into something that can actually be sustainable, all the while aware that it could be an expensive loss-leader that doesn’t quite pan out.

2 Likes

Also, and slightly off-topic although not… Can we change the name of this category? I don’t want people to think we are showering together. :rofl:

Haha, no problem - any suggestions?

1 Like

Just “Thinking Aloud” perhaps? “Musings with NI (Natural Intelligence)”? :smiley:

1 Like

Good one.
May be just ‘Random Thoughts’

2 Likes

I could use both suggestions @Ammon @RealityMoez

1 Like

its speed or cheap that everyone wants. 1.00 fee keeps out the bots or at least limits the numbers.

1 Like

Yes, I also work part-time now to provide advice and solutions for enterprises to adapt to the era of artificial intelligence, but some clients just want free ideas, although those ideas are indeed valuable. :cry: