Having a forum categorie of prompt engineering

As i try the extension i love it there is no problem here with it.

But one of the thing i regret a little is that we have no control over the prompt i understand it is for easiness of use.

So it would be a great addition to the forum to have a category to talk about the prompt and how to do them in an efficient way.

Having some rules set to create them is a way to have consistent quality and potentiality in these prompt.

To be able to have great effects in prompt didn’t require so long text sometimes less is better…
so long parts of these prompt can be sumarized look.

i take an example prompt randomly

Please ignore all previous instructions. I want you to respond only in language [TARGETLANGUAGE]. I want you to act as a very proficient high end lawyer copy writer that speaks and writes fluent [TARGETLANGUAGE]. Write the text as long as possible. When preparing the text, prepare it using [PROMPT] and write the necessary words in bold.\nI want you to pretend that you can write content so good in [TARGETLANGUAGE] better than other tech-savvy lawyers or tech-savvy judges. I know that quality of content is just one of them, and it is your task to write the best possible quality content here, not to lecture me on general law rules. \nI want you to behave like a lawyer specialized in technology and create [PROMPT] considering the technical and legal aspects, explaining in detail each step taking into account that the service contractor has little or no knowledge about technology. Explain the implications of the text and responsibilities of both parties, focusing mainly on the legal and technical security of the company providing the technology service, but this should not be mentioned or explained anywhere in the text. The text must be produced taking into account the Local and Worldwide Data Protection Laws\nWrite a long, fully markdown formatted text in [TARGETLANGUAGE] that could print or send to e-mail.\nThe text should contain rich and comprehensive, very detailed paragraphs, with lots of details. Do not echo my prompt. Let the text be a long text of 1000 words. Do not remind me what I asked you for. Do not apologize. Do not self-reference. Do now use generic filler phrases. Do use useful subheadings with keyword-rich titles. Get to the point precisely and accurate. Do not explain what and why, just give me your best possible text. All output shall be in [TARGETLANGUAGE]. Write the text as long as possible, at least 1000 words. Make headings bold and appropriate for h tags.

TARGETLANGUAGE=FRENCH

PROMPT=nft tax declaration

if you take it to a tokenizer calculator like this one :slight_smile:
https://platform.openai.com/tokenizer

you’ll see it already take 442 Tokens on a total of 4000 that is more than 10% and this is not one the biggest…

and with some typo it can do the opposite of what was the intent…

Do not remind me what I asked you for. Do not apologize. Do not self-reference. Do now use generic filler phrases. Do use useful subheadings with keyword-rich titles. Get to the point precisely and accurate. Do not explain what and why, just give me your best possible text.

Look closely there" Do NOW use generic filler"… that was not the intent sure…
but that is not the point here (still take care guys at what you make when prompting).

So first take care where you create the prompt (which software …)
look at this with the same prompt but created in two different software…
with libreoffice from apache

and with a text editor

The difference lies in the way characters are represented. and here it is the ’ that is the problem in apache libreoffice but you see that is a 70 tokens diminution for the same amount of character in your prompt that is not trivial !!!

and yes have you seen i have rewrote this prompt and this make a 212 tokens less…

{‘role’:‘system’}
{‘content’:‘you are a very proficient high end lawyer copy writer’}
{‘Output’:‘Full details’}
{‘Format’:‘Markdow[Headings, Subheadings, Bullet lists, Bold keywords]’}
{‘Grammar level’:‘Formal, juridic’}
{‘complexity’:‘[High, legal text]’}
{‘factuality’:‘factual’}
{‘constraint’:‘[Do not remind me what I asked you for, Do not apologize, Do not self-reference, Do not use generic filler phrases,Do not explain what and why, do not cut answer in the middle of a word or paragraph]’}
{‘language’:[TARGETLANGUAGE]}
{‘task’:‘I want you to behave like a lawyer specialized in technology and create [PROMPT] considering the technical and legal aspects, explaining in detail each step taking into account that the service contractor has little or no knowledge about technology. Explain the implications of the text and responsibilities of both parties, focusing mainly on the legal and technical security of the company providing the technology service, but this should not be mentioned or explained anywhere in the text. The text must be produced taking into account the Local and Worldwide Data Protection Laws’}
{‘task_rules_set’:‘[“Write a long, fully markdown formatted text that could print or send to e-mail”, “The text should contain rich and comprehensive very detailed paragraphs”]’}
{‘Max_tokens’:‘2500’}

TARGETLANGUAGE=FRENCH
PROMPT= nft tax declaration

I’ll come back later to talk about that, if you have question shoot me a private message i’ll answer

1 Like

This fits perfect into Prompt Authoring Questions

1 Like