How do we set ChatGPT to identify dates?

I’ve been trying different prompts to summarise a text. However, dealing with some kind of dates, it never identifies the year. How can I set it to correctly identify time expressions in a text? especially when the time expression is phrased (next year, one year ago, in two years). Want ChatGPT to clarify the specific year being referred to in the text.

That’s an interesting question.

ChatGPT alone cannot do that, but AIPRM could.

Can you give me an examples of what you would write/prompt?

I want ChatGPT to summarise the following text: The political season is approaching in India with general elections May next year. Jefferies said the overwhelming view remains that Narendra Modi and the BJP government will be re-elected, albeit perhaps with a reduced majority. Jefferies said the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s prospects of getting re-elected in 2024 general elections is a consensus view and that the inevitable questioning of this current consensus would be one obvious worry for the stock market over the next 12 months. The political season is approaching in India with general elections May next year, it said adding that despite the recent victory of the Congress Party in Karnataka on May 10, the overwhelming view remains that Narendra Modi and the BJP government will be re-elected, albeit perhaps with a reduced majority.

As a prompt I ask it to analyse the article and write an abstract focusing on central aspects (answer the questions “Who?”, “What?”, “When?”). ChatGPT does the task good enough, but I need, instead of “next year”, “in 12 months”, to say: in 2024, for example.

I’ve had some luck with having ChatGPT write it’s own output and then prompting it to replace instances of a word with a different word. This has worked for things like names for example.

When creating a transcript it will typically default to “Speaker 1”, but if I prompt it to “Replace all instances of Speaker 1 with Aaron” for example it usually does the trick.

I wonder if this would work for something like dates as well.

thank for asking this question, i’ve had the same question before!! Have you tried specifically and directly prompting is to replace that the incorrect with “in 2024”?