Price for Premium

I share the same thoughts as FlorenciVS - a price point of 5USD would be reasonable and accessible for many people. While I would have no issue paying this amount, 20USD is excessively high. Your explanation of the costs and expenses involved is not pertinent, as I have been running an IT company for over 25 years and know that this is not an effective way to attract customers. I am genuinely fond of your product, but I am certain that I will not be willing to pay 20USD per month. I hope that this feedback proves helpful to you.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Can you give us a list of AIPRM Verified Prompts prior to buying?

In response to @FlorenciVS and @lvalics - since you have pretty much exactly the same points I’ll respond to both at once.

The Lowest price paid plan is $2 per month (obviously, the lowest absolute plan is to carry on with the free version), and includes the much requested ability to favourite some prompts (4 favourites in 1 list) along with ‘Power Continue’. For the vast majority of users, that offers plenty of value - you did notice that only one user per hundred even has one single private prompt and less than 1 user out of every 400 goes above the need for 4 private prompts (which the $2 Basic paid package includes).

The $5 package that you both claim is a reasonable amount you’d expected exists. It provides 3 favourite lists, each of 8 items, for a total ability to recall 24 favourite prompts. It includes 10 private prompts, a limit that less than 1 user per 10,000 had gone above. And let’s be 100% real here, those people mainly went above because there was no cost or reason not to. You gain the ability to ‘Hide’ prompts that always seem to surface but that you have no interest in or use for so you can more easily find those more relevant to your needs. Combined with the sorted Favourites, that ‘Hide Prompt’ feature is a huge bonus in sorting and finding the prompts you want and use regularly, or even occasionally, quickly and easily. And you get the Tone and Writing Style enhancements. All at that 5 dollar per month price you said was practical and reasonable.

It may not offer all of the extra features you may have wished it to, but it certainly offers a lot, and does so at a price you’d already stated as reasonable and expected. I’m certain that the Plus Plan will be very suitable for a huge number of users, and will greatly benefit their workflows.

Okay, so, the $20 ‘Pro Plan’ is a big step up. It even states exactly who it is aimed at - “professionals who understand the enormous benefits and time-savings that AIPRM brings and are ready to take it to the next level”. If the value of those features it adds are not covered many times over at a fee of 20 dollars per month then I think it is fair to say that your professional benefits and time-savings are not ‘enormous’, and it was never for you. And that’s fine. Not everyone is going to be applying AIPRM in ways that massively increase their business or decrease time-costs and improve efficiency to where $20 is a pittance or a ‘no-brainer’.

The Pro package is meant to be a huge step up. It offers levels of organization, private prompt storage, and customization options that the vast majority of folks might love, but don’t need. Though of course there is nothing to stop anyone buying it at a cost that amounts to less than the price of one takeaway coffee per week.

Perhaps you haven’t understood the commitment and time that has to go into having ‘Verified Prompts’ and the fact that it means physically keeping tabs on the absolute best prompts and committing staff time and effort into ensuring they are always maintained and updated as ChatGPT continues to evolve, add new features, etc.

Perhaps you don’t appreciate that in having 2 ‘Upcoming Prompts’ it incurs added risk of substandard or not-ready prompts creeping in by allowing double the amount of prompts that have not passed the user-led quality control system (5 thumbs up).

But if you don’t appreciate those things, and the extra costs they incur, that’s fine. The lower packages are probably more than sufficient, as you’ve gotten by so far with the free version only.

I hope that’s a useful perspective on why the price points are where they are. Certain features require more cost to the AIPRM team, either in manpower, or in risk mitigation (such as having more staff reviewers/admin so really, manpower again), and those have to be reflected in the pricing. Hardware is hardware, so features that only take more processing or more storage are a more level, flat sort of increase. Manpower is when things get steeper.

However, let me point out again that I’m merely a neutral moderator, not an employee of AIPRM, and my observations are simply those of someone who has worked with a huge variety of Internet businesses and markets, at all levels from part-timer and freelancer to Director level. If I have observed any details wrongly, or there are different specifics in play, I’m sure @aiprm-christophc can point them out.

[This post was edited to reference dollars]

4 Likes

Wow, thanks so much @Ammon - I had to read this multiple times.

My only correction would be that you mentioned EUR prices - but AIPRM does only work in English, and only in USD.

I couldn’t write it as good as you did, thanks so much, I 100% agree.

We have set the prices now how they are, and they are VERY fair.

In fact I consider these prices early-bird prices and we’ve announced that prices MAY and very likely WILL go up after April 17 for new subscription purchases. - and we’ve done that over 14+ years with LinkResearchTools and Link Detox, too.

More value=higher price.
Buy early=benefit from being an early supported for years.

2 Likes

Oops, great call on the Euros/Dollars thing. I’d just been reading the post about VAT from the guy in the Netherlands right before, and you were both kinda talking Euros for that so I must have had them stuck in mind. :slight_smile: I’ll quickly edit for accuracy.

1 Like

“will quickly be talked down the moment we want to be paid for our hard work and huge upfront investments…”

Definitely not the case. On the contrary. I was absolutely willing to pay at once today. But what should I do with so few own prompts? Maybe I am getting something completely wrong, but in my understanding I would need at least 10 to 15 private prompts just for checking out what works for me. This is without having a reliable time saving. As I said, if I could get about that for about 5 EU/ month, would be great. Even for 10 i would consider it. But 20 for starters makes no sense to me. You know, all the little tools sum up.

Edit: when I looked earlier today there was a 2 $ plan and the 20 $ plan. The 5 $ plan was NOT there. Exactly the reason, why i wrote about the price in the first place.

So I am going to upgrade tomorrow to the 5 $ plan.

1 Like

I hope your software will be successful. I’m willing to pay $5 (it is a maybe 8$) per month for the professional version because I need customized style and tone, as well as private prompts. However, I don’t think it’s worth $20 per month. As a professional, I value your tool, and it adds value to my work. If you lower the price, I’ll become a client, but if not, I’ll continue to manage things manually, as I’ve been doing for a while now.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback.

We’re not changing prices and we don’t offer any discounts.

Discount Coupon for AIPRM Premium

1 Like

The price is absurd!
The 24-dollar offer (with taxes), which is unique to consider as the other (8 dollars), does not make much sense.
It is a simple prompt collector (with prompts created by us users for free) with no technology, just a hosting plan with a database that collects data in text form, thus with limited resource requirements.
In any case, they are right to ask for so much money as this need for prompts will disappear within a few months (ChatGPT will be integrated into Office very soon, as well as in other applications such as Google Workspace), so there is less and less need to go to the browser to ask, besides the fact that it is enough to tell ChatGPT to build the specific prompt.

What puzzles me, however, is the lack of logic in applying prices without considering that not everyone lives and works in the wealthiest economy in the world (USA). This indicates (in my opinion) that this extension was created to take as much money as possible in the short term without a long-term view.

3 Likes

There is a lot, lot, LOT more to setting up a browser extension that functions in combination with cloud storage and a constantly evolving and upgrading OpenAI API than you imagine. The initial outlay and investment into providing the free version of AIPRM would almost certainly make you cry. If you don’t believe me, contact AIPRM and offer to pay for half of it. :rofl:

Staff costs alone don’t seem to exist in your fantasy version, and somehow the app builds itself, upgrades by itself whenever OpenAI change something, all the emails answer themselves, the servers administer themselves, etc.

The AIPRM Pro package is very explicitly aimed at professional users - those who make so much more money (from anywhere in the World they choose) that $20 per month is a nonissue of an investment. If that isn’t you, then that isn’t you. There’s no shame in that. It is simply a package designed for a different level of use to that you need.

The really obvious clue to that is in the features you are completely overlooking. For example, the Pro plan is the lowest price point for the ‘Verified Prompts’. To even offer verified prompts, it requires staff time to continually monitor all the new prompts generated, pick those that are the very best or most essential, and arrange to make a commitment to keeping them constantly and speedily updated any time that OpenAI decide to change any functionality. To an average user that’s probably not that important. But to the Professional who has certain prompts that are an essential part of their daily workflow, every hour or day waiting for an essential prompt to be updated is money lost, or in some cases, clients lost. That alone tells you a lot about who the package is aimed at. I don’t think it is you, and that’s perfectly okay. Nobody is forcing you to buy what you don’t need. But by the same kind of token, just because you want something extra doesn’t mean you are automatically entitled to have it, and that others must invest into supplying it for you.

1 Like

Your arguments are undoubtedly valid, but I don’t think you’re right about evaluating the tool you are using. These are user-created “prompts”; no software is behind it, no engineer, algorithm or anything else that would justify this expense. For $13 (included tax), I open a premium account on Writesonic. Come on, let’s be serious; for a series of verified prompts, $24 is an absurd expense, and I don’t think being a marketing professional justifies you from throwing money away.

1 Like

@izbuh

You may be right, it might seem an overstated pricing for some users, Although, you can’t say ‘absurd’ without knowing much details of how they are doing it.

But your role now, is just to provide your thoughts and opinion about the pricing.
not to make them feel they’re supposed to change their mind, or because some people are upset due to that pricing, doesn’t mean we can argue with them about it.

2 Likes

It appears that you may not be familiar with the AIPRM product and the resources required to deliver such a service to such a large number of users with fast response times. There are many factors and cost drivers to consider at the technical, legal, and commercial levels.

It’s important to have evidence to support any claims made such as yours, and to approach discussions with a sense of humility.

It’s also worth noting that replicating the success of a business is often more challenging than it may seem.

Just a quick courtesy nudge from the Moderator before it becomes a necessity - be careful to argue with the points made/presented, and not with the person making them. It can sometimes be a very fine line, and I just want to remind everyone that the line exists before anyone crosses it. Thanks.

2 Likes

If you are running a business, then it is a simple analysis and you either fork out a few dollars more or not.

For those who are complaining about the price, you are not running a business. So, go small until you are a business or discover how useful the tool is in your daily life and upgrade to match.

2 Likes
  • Guess what, ChatGPT is all about prompts(I see it literally useless without a proper prompt)
  • You supposed that the only plan available is 20 USD.
  • OpenAI has it’s own cost-support company (so don’t compare that to this).
2 Likes

interesting discussion :slight_smile:

1. a while back, I saw AIPRM and the guy behind LinkResearchTools made it… done. installed.

2. AIPRM is quick, fast, easy and made chatgpt faster for me to use.

3. — side note: grin: if I kept the original extension, I would still be using it without issues?
    so when I removed the old and installed the new, I noticed things when away… but i understand. life is not always free.

4. my point to this post, can you tell me what the features are so I know what to pay for? simple outline, quick picture meaning?
    I don’t want to look for, read a lot, try to understand the pros/cons, etc.

as currently, things are confusing to me and I don’t want to spend time trying to figure them out. I wonder if OTHER people are in my situation?

thanks!!!

2 Likes

Hi @larryk

Most of the features are best explained in long form on the site itself, just to cover all the bases or angles you might be specifically interested in. If you want a brief overview to spare you that time, can you give us an idea of what matters to you from the tool, as in what features you have wished for, or which you find the absolute most essential?

However, if your time is ultra-short, (use AIPRM more, save more time :slight_smile: ), then here’s an ultra-brief overview:

If you were one of the majority of free users happy with the tool, and in the 99% that wasn’t needing to have Private Prompts (prompts you authored and kept to yourself alone) then the free plan still has everything you probably need unless you really need to set specific tone of voice and styles. If you do need to specify tone and style, the the $5 Plus Plan offers a good range of pre-set ones, or if you really need to have customization, to set your own tone and style parameters with absolute control, then you’d need the $20 Pro Plan for that level of customization.

All of the plans come with the ability to Bookmark certain prompts you need or use a lot and hate to waste time hunting for, but if you want to bookmark a lot of different prompts for lots of different tasks or purposes, you’d want one of the higher plans. The Plus Plan offers plenty, but if you really use lots for lots of different tasks, you might need the Pro Plan.

However, different people have different preferences. If AIPRM is actually useful to you, helping you to be more productive or to save time for tasks that are more profitable than others, some would rather have the $20 Plan and not need all of the features but have them, than to have the $5 plan and find you need more features and don’t have them. Your mileage may vary, and no animals were harmed in the writing of this reply. :smiley:

1 Like

Both great tools and about the pricing, well, try some idiot “copywriter” sitting in the basement of mommy with the accountability of a gold fish…

God bless AI and the creators of tools like AIPRM

What happened to the $2/mo version?

1 Like