Price for Premium

interesting discussion :slight_smile:

1. a while back, I saw AIPRM and the guy behind LinkResearchTools made it… done. installed.

2. AIPRM is quick, fast, easy and made chatgpt faster for me to use.

3. — side note: grin: if I kept the original extension, I would still be using it without issues?
    so when I removed the old and installed the new, I noticed things when away… but i understand. life is not always free.

4. my point to this post, can you tell me what the features are so I know what to pay for? simple outline, quick picture meaning?
    I don’t want to look for, read a lot, try to understand the pros/cons, etc.

as currently, things are confusing to me and I don’t want to spend time trying to figure them out. I wonder if OTHER people are in my situation?

thanks!!!

2 Likes

Hi @larryk

Most of the features are best explained in long form on the site itself, just to cover all the bases or angles you might be specifically interested in. If you want a brief overview to spare you that time, can you give us an idea of what matters to you from the tool, as in what features you have wished for, or which you find the absolute most essential?

However, if your time is ultra-short, (use AIPRM more, save more time :slight_smile: ), then here’s an ultra-brief overview:

If you were one of the majority of free users happy with the tool, and in the 99% that wasn’t needing to have Private Prompts (prompts you authored and kept to yourself alone) then the free plan still has everything you probably need unless you really need to set specific tone of voice and styles. If you do need to specify tone and style, the the $5 Plus Plan offers a good range of pre-set ones, or if you really need to have customization, to set your own tone and style parameters with absolute control, then you’d need the $20 Pro Plan for that level of customization.

All of the plans come with the ability to Bookmark certain prompts you need or use a lot and hate to waste time hunting for, but if you want to bookmark a lot of different prompts for lots of different tasks or purposes, you’d want one of the higher plans. The Plus Plan offers plenty, but if you really use lots for lots of different tasks, you might need the Pro Plan.

However, different people have different preferences. If AIPRM is actually useful to you, helping you to be more productive or to save time for tasks that are more profitable than others, some would rather have the $20 Plan and not need all of the features but have them, than to have the $5 plan and find you need more features and don’t have them. Your mileage may vary, and no animals were harmed in the writing of this reply. :smiley:

1 Like

Both great tools and about the pricing, well, try some idiot “copywriter” sitting in the basement of mommy with the accountability of a gold fish…

God bless AI and the creators of tools like AIPRM

What happened to the $2/mo version?

1 Like

We’re not offering it anymore - more details here

Introducing AIPRM Premium for ChatGPT · AIPRM.

Frustrating to say the least. I looked at it a few days ago when the first email for pro came out and tried upgrading but it continuously errored without correctly showing up. So I give it time to solve its issues and now I come back and you change the pricing? Bring back the $2 option and I’ll sign up. I’m not a power user by any means and I want to support what you’re creating but between the installation issues and OpenAi issues this hasn’t been a pleasant experience so far.

1 Like

I genuinely understand how frustrating it is, @world_famous but it looks like you’ll have to save yourself the $2 per month and just continue to pay nothing at all for the Free Plan (unless you need the features of the $5 Plus Plan).

Despite the frustrations, that’s simply not how businesses work when a product is discontinued, or sold out, or no longer available for other reasons.

Thousands of people successfully signed up for premium plans - far more than AIPRM had expected to, frankly - with just a tiny percentage having any problems or issues of any kind in the process, and many of those were about using different emails, or needing to upgrade something at their end. So whatever caused the frustrating problems with signing up while the $2 basic plan was available, it isn’t something at the AIPRM side of the equation. Not that AIPRM have a huge amount of data specifically on the $2 signups, because there were incredibly few of those. 80% of the first thousand and one signups were for the Pro Plan ($20/m) and the remaining 200 signups were almost entirely for the $5/m Plus Plan.

Given that, it became clear that the $2/m Basic Plan just wasn’t a product with any demand, not really justifying the business time of maintaining going forward, and while existing signups could be grandfathered with minimal costs, the discontinuation of the product was the only realistically sensible business decision. People voted with their wallets.

The good news is that you get to save $2 per month and carry on with the very similar features that are included for free anyway. Sadly the bad news is that saving $2 really doesn’t buy you very much, so its not really a saving you’ll be celebrating too hard, but the economy too is something beyond AIPRM control. Sorry.

PLUS
for now we still have the “Basic” on annual committment, so $22 + tax/year

There you also save $2 per annum

1 Like

Yes, I understand.

Now put yourself in our shoes juggling all the different technical issues coming up over such a short period.

We would have preferred it smoother, too.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

Hello,

First of all, I have to say that I love this tool and I really like that you guys are constantly improving it.

But there is this issue: I am living in Turkey and earning my money in Turkish Liras. 1 dollar is 20 liras at the moment (due to our goverment is not giving a sh** about economics.) and although I want to buy the premium, it is very expensive here(400 liras).

Would you consider adding all of the tone, writing style and power continue options to a reasonably priced plan? I would call them “Promt Costumizer” or maybe “Response Costumizer”. Because all of them are essentially a single unit.

Or maybe you can regionaly price the plans in the future, so the people in low economy countries could buy them.

There’s a couple nasty complaints online about our Premium plans.

But besides that being only 0.001% of users,
there’s also many heart-warming, supportive and really lovely messages
we receive in private…

here’s one, by Tony :heart:

Welcome to the forum, @Metin_Eryilmaz

And while I’m at it, welcome to the 21st Century and the Global Economy. :wink: I add that because what you are describing is simply the way of the world right now.

For decades, manual labourers, blue-collar workers, and any kind of writers or telephone call centre workers jobs in so-called ‘First World’ economies have been virtually wiped out. All of those jobs went, people laid off, family incomes lost, as businesses outsourced those jobs they could to nations with lower economies, where people were able to live on a daily wage that wouldn’t even buy a cup of coffee in the USA or UK etc.

Did you know, for example that 50% of the washing machines, dishwashers, tumble driers, and similar household electrical goods for the entire world are all manufactured in China? It’s true, and even more amazingly, almost 50% of all the washing machines might come from one single city in China. I won’t even talk about how much of the world’s supply of rechargeable battery supply comes from China, but it is way, way higher than 50%.

It is all down to economics. The wages of ordinary workers in China are much, much, much lower. The costs of building and operating massive factories are lower. But those products will still sell at Western prices in Western markets - such as with the iPhone one of the world’s premium brands (at premium prices).

Yes, your exchange rates suck in Turkey, but that also means that in dollar prices your rent or housing costs are a fraction of what someone in the US pays, and so is your food. The amount of dollars it takes to provide a living is very low, compared to what someone living in the US has to make just to cover those absolute essentials. That gives you quite an advantage if you can sell code, design, support, or other work to a US market while only having to cover Turkish costs of living.

As much as we may hate it, the economy kind of balances itself out. It is almost as if (relative) regional poverty is a global commodity that companies can buy and sell and exploit in various ways. However, it’s pretty certain that even you yourself are exploiting that economy too, in your way. You can pitch services at a lower price than anyone actually paying those higher dollar costs of living literally couldn’t exist on.

It is what it is, and there’s a kind of balance already in the whole system, even if it is one that costs the average workers a lot, in ALL nations, while being why the elite and rich today are richer and more elite than ever before.

1 Like

I am somewhat aware of how the world eceonomy works but thanks for clarifying.

You mentioned that living expenses are lower than what it is in the US but actually it is pretty similar with dollar prices. But that does not mean that this is your pricing departments problem. Ofcource you are pricing it globaly. That’s obvious.

I am just stating the fact that it is harder for me(or some other people in the same situation) to buy your premium. I would really like to work for a US company to earn more(relatively to what I earn in here). But currently I can’t. So, if you guys wanted more people to buy your premium you could concider lowering it for the not so fortunate people. For example the people in China, as you said.

Again, I don’t want it to sound like a personal issue. I’m not saying that you should lower your prices so poor people(relatively) could buy it. I am just asking if you guys would concider to charge regionaly or with lower prices in the future.

Thanks for the fast response by the way :+1:

1 Like

Happy to help. But just to clear the confusion, I am just the community moderator. I’m not an employee of AIPRM, nor under any kind of contract at all. Just a volunteer that has a lot of decades of experience in online communities that Christoph of AIPRM felt was someone he trusted and wanted to have as a moderator here.

That said, my career is in Marketing, something I have decades of experience in, and am regarded as being pretty good at. So I had some perspectives and insights that would be useful and relevant to reply to your comment.

You say you understand the idea of the Global Economy, but I don’t think you really do. For example, part of pricing is making sure it covers costs, with enough profit to invest in growth and the future needs of the business. The prices on a product are not just plucked from the air - they are very carefully considered and calculated.

Which AIPRM developer are you suggesting should be fired to lower the costs of AIPRM in a way that can be reflected in the prices to customers? Which servers do you suggest should be sold? AIPRM has costs too, in the prices of their local economy, and I promise they can’t turn around to their suppliers and say “You know, we’re not as rich as some other tech companies, can you sell us the same servers you’d sell to them but at a discount?”

1 Like

I know there are costs for developers and servers and probably more than I can think of. But you know better than me that the cost per member will drop in the future when they get more people paying for the premium or when they paid of the initial debt for the servers(which is expensive to buy and set up initially, but not that expensive to run).

Even renting the servers are an option. Cost of a server in the east part of the world is lower than the west. It could be more profitable if they tried to rent servers for some countries and applied different prices for the premium.

For example: Getting 5$ monthly from 100.000 people from those countries and profiting probably half of it, is better thank getting 20$ from 10.000 people and profiting 2/3 of it.

I’m not in marketing or anything related to that. But I’m just saying what makes more sense to me. I would like to remind you that I’m not suggesting lowering prices right now, that would be less profitable. I’m asking if they would consider some other pricing plan in the future that maybe could be more profitalbe(by getting more people to buy due to lower prices).

3 Likes

Is there an option to pay for a plan annually?

1 Like

Yes, the Premium Plan options are available either on a monthly payment, or on cost-saving Annual subscriptions. However, bear in mind the ‘no refunds’ policy. If you pay monthly, and in 4 months time you decide you no longer want the Premium Plan, or you want to Upgrade or Downgrade the Plan you are on, then that’s a simple matter. But if you were on an Annual Subscription, you’d either have to wait out the year, or find that you’d paid for more subscription than you needed. That’s just to be fully comprehensive and warn you of all possibilities. Give extra thought to how sure you are that the option you choose will be the right choice for you for the full term of your subscription.

2 Likes

There’s no f***** way in the world you are not getting paid.

Or maybe they just gave you for “free” the Titan plan :rofl:

1 Like

Just who I am. Which is indeed a part of the reason that Christoph approached me and asked me to moderate here, as he’d seen me do in other places. I like communities. I like the very spirit of people coming together to share their knowledge, their experiences, and their perspectives (which requires no special knowledge or experience yet can still have immense value).

From the mid-1990’s right up to today, there has always been some group or forum that I devote some of my time to. In the mid 90s it was a handful of SEO forums, such as MarketPositionTalk and SearchEngineForums, in the late 90s I had built and run an independant forum for one of my clients where I shared tips on writing, presenting, and marketing. I was one of the folks that Brett Tabke invited over to his own, brand new forum, then named SearchEngineWorld, which would later be renamed (when the domain he was after finally came into his possession) WebMasterWorld.

In 2002, Kim Krause Berg opened her own forums, which had all the topics of the others, but a more Usability focus too that was unique. I joined, and shortly after became a co-Admin with her and the then virtually unknown Bill Slawski. For the next 5 or so years, I checked in every single day, put in hours every week, and helped out literally thousands of people. Even today, all these years later, every now and then someone will mention me, and how stuff they learned at Cre8asite was important and still valuable to them today.

But even while doing all that ‘pro bono’ stuff in the forums, I was still involved in other groups, still reaching out and helping folks in other ways, and there’s a fair few ‘tip of the iceberg’ stories told about me chatting with folks on the phone to guide them, or help them with tough choices.

Without charge, or debt, and not even the demand for thanks, but simply because I was in a place where I could help. My version and interpretation of the philosophy to “make things better for your passing through”. Despite that it was never my motivation, yes, people sometimes do send me a bottle of scotch, buy me dinner when we meet at a conference, or publicly thank me. And I still spend time and effort on helping people who won’t thank me at all.

What I can tell you is that I have no remuneration or quid pro quo arrangement. I cannot confirm for you whether I have been offered thanks in some form that would be said by others to be bias, and refused it for exactly that reason. I also can’t tell you that it is impossible that at some unknown future point someone I refused to take a gift from might ignore me refusing and send me something anyway. But I can sure as heck tell you that when I say I’m unpaid and independent, it is the truest statement you’ll ever hear in your lifetime.

3 Likes

I was really disappointed with AIPRM payment system. I subscribe the $20 version but it could not connect to my open AI account due to technical issues. I tried some method recommended end up I have been charged 3 times despite I cancel the subscription less than 1 hour after I realised I need to try use another Google account. No receipts notification whether my payment went through. Now I have been charged x 4 the cost for one month but only using one account.

Noted the no refund policy and must notify within 24 hours. I was not received any notice of payment and how to request with evidence of payment.

So think twice and three times before want to subscribe.

The AIPRM also tend to have error message, and frequently refresh the page before I can continue to ask the chat running.

Really very very disappoining.