Research paper on user trends and behaviors of generative AI tools

Hello reader!! I’m a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon University working on publishing a research paper that analyzes user trends and behaviors of ChatGPT and other generative AI tools during the summer.

As a student I primarily use it for research and brainstorming for ideas. I’m intrigued to find out about others’ usage patterns and experience of ChatGPT. Also, I’m interested in understanding how you perceive ChatGPT in comparison to other services, what motivates you to pay for it if you’re a plus user, and what your usage levels (queries/day) and types of queries are. Please note that only aggregate metrics will be used for the paper’s findings, and all data will be anonymized.

If you’re interested in taking part, please fill out the Google Form survey using the link provided below. Your input would be immensely valuable to my research. Thank you in advance for your time! https://forms.gle/HfZCeo1DEfi7uGc36

Leave your email in the form to receive a Starbucks gift card ($5) for your contribution!

1 Like

Sounds great! (Did you use ChatGPT for this post? JK :joy: :sweat_smile:)

Will you be sharing your paper here or with participants when completed? What’s the timeline for the project?

1 Like

It’s fascinating to see how ChatGPT and other generative AI tools are being analyzed for user trends and behaviors. Definitely appreciate the effort you’re putting into understanding the usage patterns and experiences of folks in the AI space.

I’m looking forward to reading the paper when/if it’s made available.

1 Like

Hey Garret! Haha, gotta use it extensively if I’m writing a paper about it.
Yes, if you’re interested in looking at the final output I will do that. Hoping to wrap it up by the end of summer in August or even sooner depending on how quickly I can collect enough data for my analysis.

1 Like

Hey Aaron! Thank you very much! Would you please take the survey to help me gather data for my research analysis?