Subscription payment

Hello!
I purchased an AIPRM Pro subscription for 2 months. During the day, I purchased a subscription for another month. My question is: Will my subscription last for 3 months, or do I have 2 and 1 month active right now? Tell me please. Can this be fixed?

AIPRM have a system that allows for stacking of plans to increase quota limitations etc without having to fully upgrade to a higher plan. It means that if all a user wanted was a higher number of Private Prompts (for example) than their existing $20 plan then they could subscribe to a second, stacked $20 plan for a total of $40, rather than have to buy the $50 plan.

See: https://help.aiprm.com/hc/en-us/articles/13807843297169-Upgrade-to-Bigger-Plan-Can-I-get-a-Partial-Refund-

Thank you for your reply! I need 1 PRO tariff quota for 3 months. Can you fix my situation?

Hello!
I purchased an AIPRM Pro subscription for 2 months. During the day, I purchased a subscription for another month. My question is: Will my subscription last for 3 months, or do I have 2 and 1 month active right now? Tell me please. I need 1 PRO tariff quota for 3 months. Can you fix my situation?

Hello,

Thanks for your question. In your situation, where you’ve purchased the AIPRM Pro subscription multiple times within the same month, you essentially stacked your quota for that single month, not extending it over 3 months.

If you need the AIPRM Pro plan for a consecutive 3-month period, the best way to do it is to buy the subscription once and cancel it after the 3 months.

Purchasing the plan multiple times in a month increases the quota for that particular month only, not the length of the subscription.

Thank you for your reply!
Yes, it turns out I paid 3 times. I need 1 PRO tariff quota for 3 months. Can you fix my situation?
Please Help! :slight_smile:

Hello! Thank you for your reply!
Yes, it turns out I paid 3 times. I need 1 PRO tariff quota for 3 months. Can you fix my situation?
Please Help! Tell me please. Do you have such an opportunity? We really need your help!

Please reach out to us at hello@aiprm.com for further assistance.