Welcome everyone migrating from the Facebook group

This topis is perfect for your questions and wishes about why we left Facebook.

6 Likes

Some of us had a little less choice about leaving Facebook than others, of course… :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes - and I thank you for reminding me about the fragility of having your stuff in Facebook.

Welcome onboard the AIPRM forum @Ammon

5 Likes

It has always been advisable that if a forum, group discussion, or other community/UGC aspect is important to a business that they invest in building a wholly-owned platform for it. Like any business resource, if you are going to need it long-term it is almost invariably far, far wiser to own than to rent.

4 Likes

I really like the forum idea, absolutely feeling freedom.
Remembered me of my favourite forum “win-raid” :heart:

4 Likes

Facebook sucks when it comes to serious be-in-charge of your own community. I welcome this initiative, thanks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your post here reminds me of posts I’d see on web forums I joined back on the web in the 1994 to 1998 timeframe. I have been an online community builder since the 80s BBS days and was involved in the development of some of the first web forums on the Prodigy Network after having been contracted to Prodigy Interactive for some time. I am always willing to try new things that are intended to make a positive difference in the world. While web forums are not new and I’ve been involved in some run by Cisco, Microsoft, Adobe, and the like over the years, I am curious as to whether the technology and communication tools have evolved to the point that communities can productively and safely thrive on our own websites. I am so excited about the evolution of AI apps in helping us communicate in positive, productive ways. I Thank you for stepping out and producing this forum. I love AIPRM!

5 Likes

Thanks for your intro and the kind words.

We are software engineers and now have it all under control.
This forum has an API, ChatGPT has an API, who knows what we may be able to build :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m glad to be here! Excited to see the developments in AIPRM

3 Likes

Like @BarbTUSA, I also remember, and was heavily involved in the BBS days. I remember 300 baud Modems, and still miss the sound of the phones connecting… listen here for old-times sake Opens a youtube video. How excited where you to get that first 2400b modem?

Happy to be part of this community!
Hutch

4 Likes

2 days after closing the AIPRM Facebook group, we have more visits to the 48-hour young forum,

on our owned content and platform,

than we got referals from Facebook in
8 weeks :wink::smirk::smiling_face:

Just keep feeding walled gardens, folks.

We are SEOs and in for the traffic and exposure.

3 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Forum Rule suggestions

We have setup a “Page” over at Facebook
as a detour for people looking for AIPRM there.

When you’re over there, could you give it a “Like”?
I think that will be helpful in surfacing it in search results of Facebook, but could be wrong.

I know that feeling, my Facebook account got disabled and so I lost a group of a few thousand users in the SEO niche. Also, forums are way better for sharing relevant information that isn’t hard to find.
Glad you guys made this decision.
Also, I like this forum CMS.

2 Likes