What is the best Prompt to summarize a PDF File by ChatGPT?

The problem with this wish: only 3000 words memory

2 Likes

There is a way out. Cut the PDF in 4000 tokens chunks, index the chunks by the embeddings, and look for the most relevant to your question. Use that chunk as prompt behind the scenes and answer. That’s what chatPDF does and here is the explanation.

1 Like

Welcome to the AIPRM community and thanks for your valuable contribution.

The mentioned GPTindex rebranded to Llama-Index must days before Facebook launching “their” Llama.

I watch it closely and cannot wait to get my feet wet with it. The success of AIPRM has pushed this back a little :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve also come across this issue but I solved it.

There are a few plugins on WordPress that take your data and send it over to Pinecone.io to have it indexed and available for search as an embedding. It also does this by sending over all your posts/pages to be embedded as well. So you can now run a chatbot off all your site’s data, or create a page with the content of your PDF, that gets sent over and now you can create a chatbot on your website. The plugin also reads the page content on the page that’s being loaded and uses that as context for the bot. If you have been using WordPress like me for years, this is pretty easy. Any questions, give me a shout.

Just tried ChatGPT Splitter, seems to work quite well from text, not so much from uploading a PDF.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks Stephen - I’ll try your suggestion out and experiment further. Cheers!

It does not work very good!!! The information is not verify. Sorry!!

You can try…

1 Like

I use this tool: https://chatgpt-prompt-splitter.jjdiaz.dev/, and it works just fine. It’s easy to use as it splits up the allowed text length into parts with just one copy-click.

"ChatGPT/AIPRM: Part 3/6 received.

Awaiting the next part.
_ _

Part 6/6 received.

Thank you for providing all the parts. I have received the complete text and can now continue processing your request. How can I assist you further with this information?

2 Likes