Privacy concern: Does AIPRM have access to my private prompts?"

“Hello AIPRM community, I have a question regarding your privacy policy, which I found at (Privacy Policy of AIPRM, Corp. · AIPRM). I noticed that you collect personal information from users, including the content of messages that users send. I use your service to interact with the GPT/Chat GPT interface, and I’m wondering if you have the right to access and use the content of my prompts for any purposes and if so, what purpose exactly? I want to clarify that I am not speaking about content generated when using a prompt provided by someone else in the community, but about the general prompt I create which is not related to AIPRM but is using your service because I have installed the AIPRM extension on my browser. In other words, does installing and using your extension give anybody access to my private prompts? Thank you.”

2 Likes

Wow! Waiting to read an official reply about this.

1 Like

Hi Bruno, welcome to the AIPRM Community, and thanks for sharing your concerns.

First, let me clarify some wrong assumptions and implications you made, maybe because of misreading the terms.

Contracts cover all possibilities, and the critical word here you are missing is “may”.

When the Privacy Policy talks about “Messages” it refers to all communication, not ChatGPT Prompts specifically.

I rephrase your questions to something I can answer.

Will the SENT prompt message, including all your entered details, be sent to AIPRM?

No, not at this time. Since the launch, the transmission of actual prompt messages was not necessary and still is not.

Maybe the Prompts will be sent to AIPRM in the future for additional features required that a lot of people are asking for in AIPRM Feature Requests

BUT: your prompts are sent to OpenAI from your browser. With all the details. Did you read THEIR privacy policy?

Did you also read in terms of both AIPRM and OpenAI that you should not send any kind of sensitive information to our services and that it is your own risk and responsibiltiy if you do so?

If you have AIPRM installed, then all prompts MAY be modified by AIPRM for language, tone, writing style and Power Continue actions

If you don’t want AIPRM to be active, you need disable it, or uninstall it.
The AIPRM watermark is a good reminder of when AIPRM is active on any output.

“Anybody” is too generic, and certainly, we only speak for AIPRM.

Is AIPRM transmitting and storing the Prompt Templates that you create in AIPRM? Yes we do, public and private.

Is AIPRM transmitting and storing the final result of you merging the Prompt Template with any data you give as a final result to be sent to ChatGPT? No, not at this time - as explained above.

“Private prompts” here means the final result for us, not the Prompt Templates that you store in the “Own” section and chose not to set public.

You may not be aware of this, but you could already have a couple of other Chrome extensions that are listening to what you’re typing into ChatGPT and send that elsewhere. These extensions may be trivial-sounding, like a “Super Color Picker,” and are made only to extract and sell your traffic and data.

AIPRM does not engage in selling your data to 3rd parties, as we have stated before and just this morning, I rejected yet another offer to buy that from us.

Privacy concerns are very important for us to learn and understand.

Our general philosophy is transmitting and storing as little as possible to provide our services.

As with any product, as the number of features increases, more data will be required,
and we try to explain all that in detail, like with our Account Linking.

I hope this was useful and could clarify your questions and concerns.

4 Likes

I’d like to piggyback off of the OPs question because I have similar questions and wasn’t totally clear on your response. In layman’s terms, I think what OP and others want to be sure of is that AIPRM doesn’t automatically own generated content from the chatbot simply by virtue of having the extension enabled. For example, I rarely use prompt libraries or tone/style, but like the option if I feel like it. I sometimes don’t even use the extension and automatically just include it in my prompts out of habit. I’m not personally concerned with what “may” happen, I want to know what on paper “is” the reality if you or those representing AIPRM choose to enforce the letter of the law? I tried hard to find an answer before bumping this thread, but I couldn’t find a straight one. I read your post regarding the stresses and frustrations of a rapidly growing project. I sympathize, and realize the level of drivel you get daily, and trolling as well.

Based off of your response I am interpreting it to mean that no, you don’t own the content (yet)? The vagueness compels me to inquire if the plan is to add an output logging ability in the future? OpenAI in their terms overtly state that any and all content generated is owned by the user. The terms here seem to lean towards the implication that AIPRM owns data if push comes to shove. Are you seriously saying that the default position is that if the extension is active it’s yours, and you have to manually disable/uninstall it to turn that off? This is such an unambiguous deal breaker that it needs to be extremely clear and overt. Thanks for your response, and have a good rest of your day!

1 Like

Hi @Jamie_Elakrah it sounds like you want more of a legal, copyright kind of answer rather than a technical one.

The very simplest answer is that no, AIPRM makes absolutely no copyright or ownership claims upon your work, or the resulting output from your prompts.

AIPRM does however need license to use and share them if the owners choose, and it might be that staff at AIPRM doing database maintenance at some unforeseeable point might see your prompts - but that’s the more technical stuff again. AIPRM do not sell user data, including private prompts or registration details, so there is absolutely no issue of that kind in play.

The more complex answer of who owns what when the final author is an AI is something of a nightmare of uncertainty. Frankly put, there’s really no legal precedents directly, although one could certainly make the claim that the AI is in the employ of another (the user and prompt-giver) and thus itself has no claim, with the existing copyright laws already making the resulting work that of the employer (the prompt-giver). But we all know there are likely to be edge cases and law suits aplenty over the coming years before there is clear precedent for every scenario. If it matters, consult a lawyer who specializes in Intellectual Property Rights for the territories concerned.

Then there’s the issue of the fact it is AI, and that the output is dependent upon the prompt. 2 entirely different people who might use the same prompt might get the exact same text in return, in which case, it is extremely unlikely that either of them could make any claims of ownership or copyright. No more than each copy made on a printer has copyright.

I think the only point at which copyright might realistically meet the terms of ‘artistic uniqueness’ is in the original creation and phrasing of the prompt itself, and whether others had used too-similar prompts before, whether a prompt was a derivitive work, etc. I did say this was the more complex version, right?

Again, if this matters to your business, consult legal expertise for a more specific and accurate explanation, tuned exactly to your needs and circumstances.

Hope that helps, despite that it might not be as clear-cut as we all might wish.

1 Like

Welcome @Jamie_Elakrah

I also understand the OP in the sense that he was worried that we could “see” or even “use” or “own” what he produces using ChatGPT. We’re not interested.

Disclaimer: I’m responding on the most energy consuming day since launch of AIPRM, the launch of AIPRM Premium, and I might have misread of misunderstood, we can certainly clarify more tomorrow.

As @Ammon said - NO, we don’t claim copyrights on what you have produced with ChatGPT.

We could not even do that, because

• We don’t see or log or store (on server level) what you entered to be filled into the prompt
  • We don’t see or log or store (on server level) what ChatGPT produced
  • Those actual work results remain in the browser

None of the actual “work” that you do even goes across the wire from your browser to our backend.

That’s the current state, as I explained.

As we declared above and essentially everwhere, we have numeric logs about prompt usage, but not the payload.

We do NOT want that payload even. At least not without compensation.

It would be super expensive to even store, let alone do more with it.

Of course there are users who want to have all sorts of fancy features that woudl involve storing, indexing and whatnot with their results.

Do we have that? NO. Do we plan that? NO.

Can I exclude the possibility that I would never implement such a feature, charge big $$$$ and of course disclose whatever is being done. NO.

Hope that makes sense.

I hope you found this less vague than my first statement.

1 Like

It could make sense, that we declare in our policies what I wrote above.

We don’t have output logging at all, and no plans to add it.

And if we add it, it would/could only be a premium upgrade for customers as a requirement for additional feature, so they would know.

Thanks for the reply! That definitely cleared it up. I totally get it. I moderated a small time forum a few years ago and thetrolls were outlandish. Certainly not my intent to add to the noise, thanks for the reassurance!

I need to ask this question. In the privacy policy 3.2 as to license reads as follows:

You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Company an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, incorporate into other works, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content, and to grant Licenses of the foregoing rights, solely for the purposes of including your User Content in the Site. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.

This clearly sounds like AIPRM owns our content and can modify forevermore if we choose to use the site. Am I reading this correctly?

Please check out the previous discussion related to our privacy policy above

As an AI language model, it doesn’t have access to personal data about individuals unless you have shared it with AIPRM during the conversation. It has been designed to respect user privacy and confidentiality. Its primary function is to provide information and assistance to the best of AIPRM’s knowledge and abilities.