Write a Complete Book in One Click

when I type a topic for the book, the AI writes the book and stops midway. When I click on continue, the AI continues but looses the continuity of the story. This has happened every time, for every topic. Very rarely there is a continuity. The books I ask for are 10 chapter books for toddlers, so each chapter is like half a page only. So the AI writes the book and stops say at chapter 7; when I click continue, the flow is gone. If it stopped half way through a chapter, the AI restarts from the next chapter without completing where it stopped. That’s just one example.

Try:
Continue from where you cut off please.

thanks @RealityMoez , I’ll try that…

I just tried that, and I get this response:
“I’m sorry, but I did not cut off intentionally. As an AI language model, I do not have control over my own actions and do not have memory of past interactions unless prompted. Could you please clarify what you would like me to continue with?”

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks. So basically it ain’t possible to write a complete book in one click. Is there another another option that I could select to get a complete book written without loosing the continuity?

1 Like

with the GPT-4 32,000 tokens, Pinecone and this YouTube channel

You can achieve that.
Don’t expect some success with out a hard work.

2 Likes

Yep. This is simply another case of the wrong tool for the job.

ChatGPT is designed from the foundations to be a chat application using the GPT model. It has all kinds of assorted tweakings and limitations to make it more specialized to chatty type uses (und thus correspondingly less suited to other, very different uses). The clue is right there in the name. It is not BookGPT or NovelistGPT.

4 Likes

what I have done is start by saying “hey chat GPT , write 20 chapter titles for a book I am writing, and write the description of each chapter. The book is about XXXXXXXX and XXXX is the main character and XXXX is the protagonist, the story is overall about XXXXXXXXXXXXX”

I then click for it to create everything… then what ever it put for chapter 1, 2, 3, 4 etc… I copy that particular chapter and write “please expand on the following chapter and add context, and relevance to the story line, as well as relay and emphasise engagement and communication of the characters” then I paste what it wrote and I then let it run… and if its not long enough I give it a command like " that is great but lets add more to the story such as XXXXXXX, and get the readers attention so we can set up a plot for the end chapter"… I then let it do its thing and rinse and repeat for every chapter adding a statement “utilize the story thusfar”

1 Like