Looking for how to generate many similar but unique texts for e-commerce category

I’ve been using AIPRM and chatGPT for a long time now and has applied the features in a lot of daily tasks in my work.

One problem I still struggling with is:
I am about to generate texts for category pages for an swedish e-commerce selling iphone cases, screen protectors and chargers.

It is one unique landing page for each model, and then 3 sub landing pages for each category of product for that model.

For example:
iPhone 14
Sub category pages:
iPhone 14 Screen protector
iPhone 14 cases
iPhone 14 chargers

And then it goes down to iPhone 7.

I’ve write my own texts with correct length et.c. But now I want to just rewrite the texts so its unique and plagiarism free for every other iphone model.

I’ve tried a lot of prompts I found, with both rewrite prompt (always rewrite it too less).
And to just ask for generating new category text every time, issue is that chatGPT almost using the exact same output then, the next time I am asking for the same kind of prompt for another model.

Anyone who has an idea here? It would be so extremely useful for me.

Wish you all a great day, and sorry if my english is not the best!

ChatGPT is a really advanced form of predictive texting. When a prompt contains many of the same meaningful words as another (e.g. product names, brands, specifics) then what it is meant to do - predict the best and most likely text relating to the prompt, is also going to be very, very similar.

The way I’d go about solving a problem like this is through creating a sort of ‘cheat sheet’ of the unique aspects, features, benefits, of each iPhone model, that listed the size, weight, memory, battery life, release date, etc in a short, clear format, and include that whole sheet in the prompt, asking ChatGPT to refer to those details as they apply to [your specific here], and this should cause it to really highlight the differences and specifics of each model, while also focusing on parameters that matter to, say, a charger, or a screen-cover, or a case, etc.

[Added for clarity] Just to be absolutely clear, when I say to include that whole sheet into the prompt, I mean the text of it, not a file reference. ChatGPT does not lookup files, webpages, etc. It either knows it from the training data, or it needs to be given it in the prompt.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

For the category page for the model itself it should work. But my problem is for:
iPhone 11 cases
iPhone 11 cables
iPhone 11 screen protector

Their specifik pages cant include things like size, weight, memory et.c. It can be added into the category page for the model, but not the sub category pages.
Its 1. Irrelevent compared to other websites ranking and 2. Not good content for the visitor either.

My idea for a solution could be something like provide more info about examples of cases, keywords etc. But I dont know how to make that work.

It should also work with a very good rewrite function, that could completely rewrite entire sentences with the same “info” in the text, but just completely different structure, but I have not get any prompt working for that.

Seems like this is a hard nut to crush.

Somehow I get the feeling you should checkout my two new Spintax Prompts :slight_smile:

Creative Spintax Generator (creates a LOOOONG spintax in GPT3.5)

Spintax Generator (GPT3.5 + GPT4)

2 Likes

A lot of it depends on exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Landing Pages can be a lot of different things these days. Originally a landing page was a page optimized for human engagement and ‘stickiness’ given a specific known interest, but not necessarily a page you expected to rank well on search engines. Instead we used to sometimes generate doorway pages to deliver specific search users to the corresponding landing page, or we’d have dedicated landing pages for specific ad campaigns according to the demographic where that ad would be placed, etc. The point of a landing page though was always to be engaging for humans, to connect and appeal quickly to whatever specific interests or whatever we knew about them, and to present the best possible first impression to a given subset of our customers or users.

In the years since, people generally picked up the idea that ‘doorway pages’ were bad, so stopped using that term, but used ‘landing pages’ to mean exactly what doorway pages were. The focus was all about ranking. The fact that you made your primary (point 1) a comparison to what was ranking from other sites leads me to believe that you learned mostly this latter meaning of ‘Landing Page’.

With all of that in mind, I’ll assume from here that you mean to create a page that can rank well on search engines for the given keywords, but will also (point 2) provide a decent enough user experience that they don’t immediately bounce.

Understand however that you are using search terms that have a naturally high bounce rate because of the type of search they represent. When someone searches for “iphone 12 cases” they are shopping around, looking to see lots and lots of options and alternatives, and will pretty much always want to visit at least a half dozen sites with a broad range, more sites if the range at each is less broad than expected.

For search terms relating to products such as phone cases, or for screen protectors, the size and weight of the phone, and the case, have absolute direct bearing and relevancy. The size and weight of a phone are key factors in where you expect to hold it (wether it is a comfortable pocket size, or something someone would keep in a bag or purse, for example) how hard it might bang against things (including if dropped) and even on how likely it is to slip from a hand more or less than typical. Mentioning those kinds of things on a landing page can help engage visitors, showing that your page really thinks about these things, and helps them to do so too. Most especially, giving them something memorably different about your page experience helps your page and site ‘stand out’ from the competition, and if many of the companies have a lot of similar cases, makes it a little more likely than otherwise they’d select and come back to yours.

Being the same as everyone else’s pages is not good SEO. Being the memorable, different, and preferred one is where the money is at. Making your cases, or at least, your way of presenting and selling them a preference, and not ‘generic’ can be critical to maximising value, AND to getting more links, so you rank better too.

Personally, I wouldn’t have AI write my pages at all. That’s partly because I’m a very experienced writer and can turn out a post like this straight from my mind without any real effort, and I find it harder to adapt the writing of another (including an AI writer) than to just go with the flow and direction of my own thoughts.

It is partly because SEO is a big part of my skillset, and what I’m both known for and paid to do, and you never outsource your primary skill to a lesser worker (unless you want your employer to think the same way). :wink: Sure, it is effort and work to do it oneself rather than at the click of a button, but it is work I’m paid to do, whereas clicking buttons is something the client would rather do themselves. :slight_smile:

Focus your page content first and foremost on making people (1) stick with the page and look around deeper than they might otherwise, (2) be impressed enough to remember your site and have it stick in mind as they visit others, and (3) be the one different enough to be the one people link to. Rankings come easily (and more naturally) once you nail those 3 parts.

Thanks for a long and good reply! :slight_smile:

I have worked with affiliate and SEO since 2011 so I have good knowledge about how to manage it.

I totally indeed when it comes to talking about the product things like size etc of the model is related yes. But I’m looking for a way to manage it in big scale on only category pages right now.

And when it comes to “use AI for lesser worker”, then nobody should use chatGPT or AI to generate content at all. Since you should write all the content yourself, always, and not use a “lesser worker” :smiley: I just want to be able to generate an outline or a “draft” that could be better improved after. And thats what I’m also looking for. And of course then write the touch of it myself!

Thanks for your help Ammon! You are a very good source for the forum!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Will definitely check it out! :slight_smile: